We still have places left at our coaching events.
About Shuttlers Badminton Academy
The club provides structured and social badminton programs for children and adults.
– we run 3 main coaching streams:
1. Beginners: for the complete novice, we offer a range of structured coaching programs for children in pre-school, school years 1 to 3 and teenagers / adults wishing to play badminton for social or developmental reasons.
2. Intermediate: aimed at older children that clearly have the ability to move to our Advanced coaching program.
3. Advanced: Our Elite program for more advanced players.
Our Coaching Staff
Jonty is an ex-England junior and level 2 coach, working toward level 3. He has been awarded the Coach of the Year by Mid Sussex Active and coached the County U18 squad.
Mark is a qualified PE teacher who taught at Ardingly College for 8 years and is passionate about encouraging young people to take part in sport.
I am a level 2 badminton coach and Badminton England Coach Educator. Although I coach all age groups and levels, in recent years I have specialised
in Primary aged players and have the pleasure of teaching badminton in
many junior schools across Sussex.
Leon is a junior badminton player currently ranked in the top 5 of England for u18s. He frequently competes nationally and has competed internationally. He is a level 1 coach and he get lots of enjoyment from helping people to improve.
Our Coaching Programs
- Little Shuttlers. Aimed at children from school years 1 to 3.
- Social for teenagers. Used by school children undertaking their Duke of Edinburgh award.
Training is held in Burgess Hill or Horsham.
Our Development Pathway we currently offer 2 training venues – Horsham (Weds), and Burgess Hill (Thurs) – for players who are wishing to progress their badminton skills so that they can perform at a higher level in competitions and to be considered for the Shuttlers Elite group.
Our Elite Program. We run two 2-hour group sessions for the higher end players looking to progress their game both on and off the court. The sessions are held at Chailey School. The sessions will be taken by Mark, who will develop the players to the best they can be.