We still have places left at our coaching events.
About Shuttlers Badminton Academy
The club provides structured and social badminton programs for children and adults.
– we run 3 main coaching streams:
1. Beginners: for the complete novice, we offer a range of structured coaching programs for children in pre-school, school years 1 to 3 and teenagers / adults wishing to play badminton for social or developmental reasons.
2. Intermediate: aimed at older children that clearly have the ability to move to our Advanced coaching program.
3. Advanced: Our Elite program for more advanced players.
Our Coaching Staff
Jonty is an ex-England junior and level 2 coach, working toward level 3. He has been awarded the Coach of the Year by Mid Sussex Active and coached the County U18 squad.
David is an ex-international player and spent 9 years on the England junior programme. He has 2 European junior medals and a highest world ranking of 105.
Mark is a qualified PE teacher who taught at Ardingly College for 8 years and is passionate about encouraging young people to take part in sport.
Our Coaching Programs
- Little Shuttlers. Aimed at children from school years 1 to 3.
- Social for teenagers. Used by school children undertaking their Duke of Edinburgh award.
- Adult (18+). These sessions are created on demand by groups of adults who want to play together for social and fitness reasons.
Training is held in multiple locations across West Sussex.
Our Development Pathway we currently offer 3 training venues – Horsham (Weds and Thurs), Steyning (Tues), and Worthing (Fri) – for players who are wishing to progress their badminton skills so that they can perform at a higher level in competitions and to be considered for the Shuttlers Elite group.
Players can attend as many sessions as they wish across all venues.
Our Elite Program. We run a twice a week, 2-hour group session for the higher end players looking to progress in their game both in and off the court. The sessions are held at Steyning Leisure Centre and Brighton Universtity.The sessions will be taken by both Jonty and David who will use their high-level playing ability to coach whilst playing with the players as well as taking a more traditional back of the court approach.